Language immersion schools are a very effective method to learn a foreign language. When you integrate content in a real life setting, it’s much easier to pick up the context. Proficiency happens much quicker in an immersion atmosphere. The best Spanish schools in the world have common elements. When you are searching for an immersion program, look for the 7 signs of a great program.
- The student-teacher ratio should be fairly low. For group classes, that should be about 1 to 8 students. One of the most difficult things about learning a language is the lack of confidence when you start out. You will feel more comfortable in a small group.
- If you are traveling to another country for your immersion program, the best programs give you a chance to interact with native instructors with experience teaching. You should have an opportunity to work one-on-one with native speakers for a short time during your stay. When you visit cultural sites, great schools include local students to increase your opportunity to learn.
- Your time in the program should include cultural and historical tourism information and access to social activities in the evening. If you are staying over a weekend, the school should have information for day trips and excursions in the area to increase your education.
- The best Spanish schools offer many different accommodations. Experiencing the hospitality of local host families and being immersed in the culture outside of the school will increase your learning opportunities. However, you should have other options if you prefer the privacy of a hotel or hostel.
- Good Spanish schools will make sure you understand how to get around in the community. Your host family may take you to and from your class on the first day to show you the route. You will receive clear instructions on the requirements before coming to the host country.
- Accreditation is a sign of an excellent school who has met standards and benchmarks of the accrediting agency. With Spanish classes, there are many organizations that accredit schools. Good schools will accredit themselves through many different programs, not just in the host country but in other countries that recognize their teaching. The best Spanish schools are accredited by Instituto Cervantes of Spain; they are the largest organization in the world responsible for promoting the study and the teaching of Spanish language and culture.
- With good schools, you will find excellent reviews of their program from past students. There are always people who will have complaints, but overall the reviews will be positive and from a wide range of different individuals.
The best Spanish schools will answer your questions and make sure you understand everything about the program. All of the information you need will be provided. They want you to be satisfied after your immersion program.
Feel free to share our articles, we only ask for credit! Be sure to mention IMAC Spanish Language Programs as the author and a link back to our website: www.learnspanish.com.mx/blog/blog-home/
See our list of very interesting articles about how to learn spanish, including Education & Travel related topics.