Group classes commence each Monday of the year while private classes can begin on any workday, with the notable exceptions of national holidays. Most of our students typically arrive the Saturday or Sunday before classes start.
National School Holidays:
- January (1) New Year’s Day
- First Monday of February: Constitution Day
- Third Monday of March: Benito Juarez Birthday
- Easter Holiday: April 15 to April 21.
- May (1) Labor Day
- September (16) Independence Day
- Third Monday of November: Revolution of 1910
- Christmas Vacation: December 23, 2019 to January 5, 2020.
We are the most Accredited Spanish Language School in Mexico! With more than forty years of experience; we are the only language school in Mexico to hold accreditation for all of the following:
- Instituto Cervantes/The Ministry for Education of Spain since June 2009.
- Secretary of Education of Mexico since 1977.
- DELE testing center since January 2009.
- Bildungsurlaub accredited in eight German federal states.
- CENNI: National Language Level Certification by the government of Mexico, only school in Mexico to have received this coveted distinction.
level is very fast. To give you an idea, it has been our experience that within about two months you will be able to understand and be understood. Your proficiency in the language after an eight-week program will be greatly significant.
We approximate eight to ten weeks to reach the intermediate-advanced level. Your ability to speak Spanish fluently depends also on your own effort and desire. Joining local cultural activities and exploring the city will help you speak
like a native.
attention you need by our instructors.
from April 9 to June 12, with an average daily high temperature above 86°F. The hottest days of the year are in May with average temperatures between 89°F and 57°F. The cool season lasts for 2.5 months, from mid-November to early February,
with an average daily high temperature below 77°F. The coldest day of the year is typically in January with temperatures between 41°F and of 74°F.
Yes. Our institution grants six credit hours for 120 hours of group contact classroom instruction or 80 hours of private instruction. This is the equivalent of one credit hour per 20 hours of group classes for our introductory course. The intermediate
and advanced group classes are taught at an accelerated rate because of the immersion environment, and you receive six credits hours for 80 hours of group contact classroom instruction or 53 hours of private instruction. We recommend
that you verify with the Academic Counselor or Language Department of your home school that credits obtained at IMAC Spanish Language Programs will be made valid. They will most probably ask for a copy of our course content structure,
and proof of our credentials. We have been fully accredited by the Department of Education of Mexico since 1977), which we can provide upon request.
attend consecutive lessons. If you are interested in private lessons we have made an arrangement with a local dance school. All classes are taught by Spanish native speakers and you will have the opportunity to interact and practice
your new Spanish language skills while you dance salsa.
students. It will also allow you to practice your new language skills with native Spanish speaking students in a relaxed, informal setting. This activity is supervised by an instructor every afternoon and is free of charge.
It’s surprisingly affordable! Depending on which program you choose, the cost of learning Spanish with us in Mexico ranges from $22 USD for private tutoring to $1,870 USD for an eight week work and study program. View our complete price list for additional details or books one of our all-inclusive packages that include accommodations.
Other fees include:
- $33.00 USD to $35.00 USD charge for a book (good for four to six weeks; depending on level). Very important: Rented books must be returned on the last day of lessons to get back the deposit fee.
- $30 USD for optional airport pickup service
- $98 USD per week for optional homestay program arriving on a Sunday and departing on a Saturday after finishing lessons.
- Any extra nights before and after the Spanish program have a cost of $21.00 USD per night.
- We can assist in arranging excursions which are offered throughout the week. The prices range from $26-$35.00 USD
9:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.: You are involved in direct Spanish language instruction with a native instructor. All areas of Spanish language fluency are developed.
11:00 a.m.-11:15 a.m.: Break, time for a snack.
11:15 a.m.-1:00 p.m.: You resume lessons with your Spanish native instructor.
1:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m.: You will participate in a language and cultural exchange group, which will allow you to practice your new language skills with native Spanish speaking students in a relaxed, informal setting, therefore adding an additional hour of instruction per day, thus making it 5 hours per day. This class is supervised by an instructor every afternoon.
In addition to the classroom instruction, you have unlimited access to our free Multimedia Lab (computers, Internet, and interactive Spanish programs). You are strongly encouraged to maximize your learning by attending our Multimedia Lab for as long as you wish during school hours. This brings your number of hours to 30 weekly (25 hours of teacher instruction and a recommended minimum 5 hours of free lab time.)
Yes, our programs have been expanded to include courses for those interested in working on specific specialty areas of the Spanish language. A sampling of our Spanish specialty courses on an individual tutoring or private group instruction basis include areas of business and finance, education, household management, and healthcare, just to name a few.
It is possible to customize your course to cover areas that you specifically need. Other specialty courses available to intermediate level students include: Advanced composition writing, Latin American literature, and Conversation.