Learning Spanish or any other foreign language through immersion is one of the best ways of doing it. It speeds up the process of acquisition and helps you learn your target language the way people actually speak it.
By immersing yourself in the Spanish language, you will learn it much faster, more effectively, and also more naturally. One of the best ways to do it is to learn Spanish in Mexico.
In this article, we are going to take a look at the pros and cons of learning Spanish and Mexico to help you make the best choice for your language learning.
Learning the Spanish language in Mexico can offer you multiple advantages. Here are some of the key ones:
• You can combine classroom learning and real-life immersion. There are many great Spanish schools in Mexico, and your language learning won’t have to stop when you are outside the classroom. You will be surrounded by Spanish 24/7, which makes for faster progress but also a lot of fun.
• The version of Spanish spoken in Mexico is the most widespread one. The population of Mexico is over 130 million people, making Mexican Spanish the most widespread dialect of Spanish.
• It opens up amazing opportunities for you. It makes you more employable and increases the number of prospects if you ever decide to open your own business. It also greatly increases your travel opportunities: Spanish is the official language in 20 countries, and there are large Spanish-speaking communities all over the world.
• It will open your mind. By learning Spanish in Mexico, you will gain a new experience of living abroad, make new friends among native speakers, and get to know the rich Mexican culture. It will help you open your mind and truly grow as a person.
• It is fun! There are many things you can do while learning Spanish in Mexico: try delicious food, travel and admire the gorgeous scenery, make lots of friends, go sightseeing, go to parties… Learning Spanish is not just about burying your nose in a book – in fact, it is quite the opposite.
To be honest, there is only one disadvantage to learning Spanish in Mexico.
Mexico is an amazing country with gorgeous landscapes, warm and welcoming locals, delicious cuisine, rich and colorful culture… After living here for just a while learning Spanish, you will be swept up from your feet – and, most likely, you will fall so deeply in love with Mexico, that you will never even want to return home.
That’s the risk you are taking when learning Spanish in Mexico!
To sum it up, the pros of learning Spanish in Mexico greatly outweigh the cons (and they are not even really cons, let’s be honest). If you learn Spanish in Mexico, it will enrich your life and open up amazing opportunities for you – what are you waiting for?