A volunteer is someone who takes initiative, gets involved and makes a lasting contribution. The prospect of becoming one is a chance to enhance ones owns experience in life, and also a chance to enhance the lives of so many who need the support. To be involved in administering care is indeed a rare and privileged position. You can choose from any of the following fields:
- Public Education
- Marine Conservation
- Primary Education
- Secondary Education
- Social Services
- Social Work
- Environmental Preservation
- Health Care
- Disability Issues
- Academic Reinforcement
- Adult Education
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- Community Health
- Youth Outreach Programs
- Violence Against Women Relief
- Animal Rescue and Rehabilitation
- Minimum Age: 18+.
- Required Spanish Level: Intermediate B2.
- Course length:
- Spanish course: 1 week minimum.
- Volunteer program: 4 week minimum
What the course includes:
- Match with the type of work that you are interested in.
- All communications including in person interviews.
- A link with all recreational interests in your locality.
- A well informed professional who will act as your agent and will guide you if you have any questions as you go along.
- Health advice while staying in Mexico and connection with a local health service.
- Unlimited access to our Multimedia Lab (email, Internet, interactive Spanish programs), free of charge.
- Lectures and Focused conversation with Mexican students (Language and Cultural exchange group).
- Social activities.
- Salsa lessons.
- Karaoke club.
- Guitar lessons.
|9:00 AM to 11:00 AM||You are involved in direct Spanish language instruction with a professional native instructor. All areas of Spanish language fluency are developed.|
|11:00 AM TO 11:15 AM||You go to break.|
|11:15 AM to 1:00 PM||You resume lessons with your Spanish native instructor. Note: Every Friday, at the end of the course, you will take a written exam before the class is over.|
|1:00 PM to 2:00 PM||You will participate in a language and cultural exchange group, which will allow you to practice your new language skills with native Spanish speaking students in a relaxed, informal setting, therefore adding an additional hour of instruction per day, thus making it 5 hours per day. This class is supervised by an instructor every afternoon.|
The schedule for your Spanish and Volunteer program, will be given to you, by your direct supervisor. Where to
- Homestay: Our homestays are located in nice residential areas at about 30 minutes via public transportation from our school. Our families are chosen from those of the students studying English here with us. Since we have a student body of approximately 2000+ students studying English, we can afford to use very specific guidelines to find the family most suited to your needs. Homestay program includes: one student per family unless otherwise requested, three meals per day, free Wi-Fi and a cooking class every Monday. Homestay begins one day prior to the beginning of the classes and concludes up to one day after classes finish.
- Hostels:Located within a short walk from our school. These hostels offer private and shared rooms. For your comfort all hostels are equipped with a kitchen, and dining room conditioned ideally for having a conversation with other guests, watching cable television, or simply gliding the day with a cup of coffee, free WIFI. Continental breakfast is included in some. Prices range from *$68.00 USD to *$129.00 USD per week, depending on the type of accommodation. Special prices apply for longer stays.
- Hotels 4 and 5 stars:These are located only a short walk from our school; these establishments offer excellent facilities on single and double rooms. They also feature a restaurant, lounge bar, room service, free Wi-Fi in rooms/public areas. The atmosphere in all is very calm providing its guests with a soothing ambiance and excellent nights’ sleep. Prices range from *$342.00 USD to *$370.00 USD per week, depending on the type of accommodation. Special prices apply for longer stays.
*Paid directly to the provider. Prices may vary slightly due to the exchange rate.