We will be glad to arrange special Spanish immersion programs for private tutoring and to meet University, College or group needs at any time.
We invite individuals, institutions or groups interested in establishing a study abroad program in Mexico to contact us. For those planning a study immersion program in Mexico and facing the problem of classroom space and living accommodations, we have classrooms available at most reasonable fees and offer to place students with families willing to host foreign students.
Courses offered to groups or on a private tutoring include but are not limited to:
- Getting Along in Spanish
- All basic to Intermediate Points of Spanish Grammar
- Communicative Based Grammar
- Comprehensive Grammar Review
- Many Spanish for Specific Purposes programs; business, medical etc.
Course Certificates contain the following:
- The number of contact hours that composed your course
- The level of Spanish you acquired
- Our international accreditations
- The duration of the program
- The date your program culminated
- The academic coordinator’s signature
If you take one of our specialty courses, the certificate will specify, aside from the aforementioned details, the name of the course you have taken and the particular professional field on which you have focused your Spanish development.
Credits: Academic standards are high at our school, transcripts are issued, upon request, so participants are able to receive credit or credit equivalency through placement exams upon return to their home, College or University, however those who wish to receive credit should check with their school academic counselor. Our institution grants six credit hours for 120 hours of group contact classroom instruction or 80 hours of private instruction. This is the equivalent of one credit hour per 20 hours of group classes for our introductory course. The intermediate and advanced group classes are taught at an accelerated rate because of the immersion environment, and students receive six credits hours for 80 hours of group contact classroom instruction or 53 hours of private instruction.
BEGINNERS – COMMON EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK OF REFERENCE (CEFR): A1, A2 Our Spanish language program has the following three objectives:
- The first is to facilitate you, the non-Spanish speaking student, to develop enough proficiency to communicate in real life situations.
- The second is to build upon the basic foundation of linguistic skills developed in the first level and to generate over all fluency and proficiency in the four basic skills. Verb conjugation and grammar are more fully developed at this level. You
will also be exposed to many more real life situations utilizing a functional approach to language instruction.
- Fluency and linguistic proficiency in all areas of language learning will be developed with the goal of mastery during the final level of our Spanish language program. You are provided with a wide variety of functional situations as well as the opportunity to participate in many everyday topics to stimulate you
INTERMEDIATE – COMMON EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK OF REFERENCE (CEFR): B1, B2
An integrated four-skill approach, prepares you to use Spanish in real-life situations by emphasizing oral communication and by developing the other basic language skills. To meet these goals, the program has been designed with the following objectives in mind:
- To reinforce and expand the vocabulary base acquired by students in first year Spanish. Practical, high-frequency vocabulary presented in culturally authentic contexts takes students beyond the basic survival skills acquired in introductory classes and sets the stage for extended discourse.
- To review fundamental grammar structures and to foster the mastery of concepts not fully acquired in an introductory course of the first year of study. The presentation of most structures expands on the morphological and syntactical elements normally presented in beginning Spanish.
- To strengthen your communicative competency by providing ongoing opportunities for oral practice in realistic contexts (debates, role-plays, and problem-solving situations) that lend themselves to more sophisticated discourse strategies, for example circumlocution and paraphrasing.
- To broaden your knowledge of the geography of the Hispanic world and to increase your familiarity with contemporary Hispanic culture and your ability to make cross-cultural comparisons.
- To develop your ability to read and understand authentic texts from the Spanish-speaking world and to articulate your observations, reactions, and opinions.
- To develop listening comprehension skills by exposing you to natural language as spoken by native speakers from a variety of Hispanic countries in real-life contexts.
- To improve writing skills by providing ongoing practice in contexts that reinforce the vocabulary and structures taught in the text.
ADVANCED – COMMON EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK OF REFERENCE (CEFR): C1, C2
This course combines advanced composition in Spanish and beginning literary analysis. Each chapter in the textbook features a selection by a modern author and contains explanations and activities for vocabulary development, comprehension, interpretation, style, translation and free composition. All chapters also provide a thorough and systematic review of important grammar topics that pose difficulties and thereby negatively affect your expression of thoughts and ideas when you write in Spanish. Materials are organized to allow for considerable flexibility as to how they are assigned and used.
This course has been designed to consolidate the language skills acquired in introductory-level courses and to build communicative skills and cultural competency, it emphasizes the natural use of practical, high-frequency language for communication, and offers a comprehensive review of first/second-year grammar structures, while developing your reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills and increasing your awareness of Hispanic culture.
- Most Accredited Spanish Language School in Mexico.
- University Accredited Teaching Staff.
- State of the art multimedia lab with interactive Spanish programs and internet.
- Dependable and safe airport pick up service at a low price.
- Free unlimited WiFi.
- Free extracurricular activities: Salsa lessons two times a week, $40 USD value, karaoke club and guitar lessons. $30 USD value. Bring your own guitar. At no charge.
- Private excursions at a low price.
- Cultural exchange group between Mexican and foreign students.
- Free long distance phone calls. Valued at over $20 USD per week.
- Certificate of attendance.
- University Credit Transfers. No charge.
- Assistance available 24/7.
- Information on exciting nightlife and quaint small towns nearby.
- Affordable tour packages. We encourage you to explore.
- Local cultural activities.
- Practice Mexican cooking with a host family (homestay program).
Course Start Dates: Any weekday.
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM You are involved in direct Spanish language instruction with a professional native instructor. All areas of Spanish language fluency are developed.
11:00 AM TO 11:15 AM You go to break.
11:15 AM to 1:00 PM You resume lessons with your Spanish native instructor. Note: Every Friday, at the end of the course, you will take a written exam before the class is over.
1:00 PM to 2:00 PM You will participate in a language and cultural exchange group, which will allow you to practice your new language skills with native Spanish speaking students in a relaxed, informal setting, therefore adding an additional hour of instruction per day, thus making it 5 hours per day. This class is supervised by an instructor every afternoon.
Where to stay in Guadalajara
- Homestay:Our homestays are located in nice residential areas at about 30 minutes via public transportation from our school. Our families are chosen from those of the students studying English here with us. Since we have a student body of approximately 2000+ students studying English, we can afford to use very specific guidelines to find the family most suited to your needs. Homestay program includes: one student per family unless otherwise requested, three meals per day, free Wi-Fi and a cooking class every Monday. Homestay begins one day prior to the beginning of the classes and concludes up to one day after classes finish.
- Hostels:Hostels: Located within a short walk from our school. These hostels offer private and shared rooms. For your comfort all hostels are equipped with a kitchen, and dining room conditioned ideally for having a conversation with other guests, watching cable television, or simply gliding the day with a cup of coffee, free WIFI. Continental breakfast is included in some. Prices range from *$68.00 USD to *$129.00 USD per week, depending on the type of accommodation. Special prices apply for longer stays.
- Hotels 4 and 5 stars: These are located only a short walk from our school; these establishments offer excellent facilities on single and double rooms. They also feature a restaurant, lounge bar, room service, free Wi-Fi in rooms/public areas. The atmosphere in all is very calm providing its guests with a soothing ambiance and excellent nights’ sleep. Prices range from *$342.00 USD to *$370.00 USD per week, depending on the type of accommodation. Special prices apply for longer stays.
*Paid directly to the provider. Prices may vary slightly due to the exchange rate.