Private lessons can be structured to fit your needs from one hour to as many as you like. Our private program is very flexible you may begin on any weekday. You can decide to study from as little as one hour up to as many as you desire.
Our Spanish language immersion offers levels which fall into three categories: beginner, intermediate, and advanced.
Beginners - Common European Framework of Reference (C.E.F.R.): A1, A2
Our Spanish language program has the following three objectives:
- The first is to facilitate you, the non-Spanish speaking student, to develop enough proficiency to communicate in real life situations.
- The second is to build upon the basic foundation of linguistic skills developed in the first level and to generate over all fluency and proficiency in the four basic skills. Verb conjugation and grammar are more fully developed at this level. You will also be exposed to many more real life situations utilizing a functional approach to language instruction.
- Fluency and linguistic proficiency in all areas of language learning will be developed with the goal of mastery during the final level of our Spanish language program. You are provided with a wide variety of functional situations as well as the opportunity to participate in many everyday topics to stimulate you to participate in Spanish for communication.
Intermediate - Common European Framework of Reference (C.E.F.R.): B1, B2
Objectives of the Program
An integrated four-skills approach, prepares you to use Spanish in real-life situations by emphasizing oral communication and by developing the other basic language skills. To meet these goals, the program has been designed with the following objectives in mind:
- To reinforce and expand the vocabulary base acquired by students in first year Spanish. Practical, high-frequency vocabulary presented in culturally authentic contexts takes students beyond the basic survival skills acquired in introductory classes and sets the stage for extended discourse.
- To review fundamental grammar structures and to foster the mastery of concepts not fully acquired in an introductory course of the first year of study. The presentation of most structures expands on the morphological and syntactical elements normally presented in beginning Spanish.
- To strengthen your communicative competency by providing ongoing opportunities for oral practice in realistic contexts (debates, role-plays, and problem-solving situations) that lend themselves to more sophisticated discourse strategies, for example circumlocution and paraphrasing.
- To broaden your knowledge of the geography of the Hispanic world and to increase your familiarity with contemporary Hispanic culture and your ability to make cross-cultural comparisons.
- To develop your ability to read and understand authentic texts from the Spanish-speaking world and to articulate your observations, reactions, and opinions.
- To develop listening comprehension skills by exposing you to natural language as spoken by native speakers from a variety of Hispanic countries in real-life contexts.
- To improve writing skills by providing ongoing practice in contexts that reinforce the vocabulary and structures taught in the text.
Advanced - Common European Framework of Reference (C.E.F.R.): C1, C2
This course combines advanced composition in Spanish and beginning literary analysis. Each chapter in the textbook features a selection by a modern author and contains explanations and activities for vocabulary development, comprehension, interpretation, style, translation and free composition. All chapters also provide a thorough and systematic review of important grammar topics that pose difficulties and thereby negatively affect your expression of thoughts and ideas when you write in Spanish. Materials are organized to allow for considerable flexibility as to how they are assigned and used.
This course has been designed to consolidate the language skills acquired in introductory-level courses and to build communicative skills and cultural competency, it emphasizes the natural use of practical, high-frequency language for communication, and offers a comprehensive review of first/second-year grammar structures, while developing your reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills and increasing your awareness of Hispanic culture.
More Than a Spanish School.
Monday - Friday: 9:00 AM-8:00 PM.
Saturday 9:00 AM-3:00 PM Central Standard Time.
Other International Calls:
+52 (33) 3614 1414